Waterford Aero Club or Pilot Training College?

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Waterford Aero Club
89%
Pilot Training College
11%

Total votes: 18

EI-DMG
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EI-DMG » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:33 pm

Im new to all this,
What is the difference beetween Waterford Aero Club and PTC? Which one is better for training?

All info would be apprieciated!
Last edited by EI-DMG on Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the ground at 11.15, 11.16 and 11.17.

Dogbiscuit
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dogbiscuit » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:59 am

Hey like to see some of the reasons why people are voting for Waterford Aero Club instead of Pilot Training College.What are the prices like ? Quality of the aircraft ? Instructors and classrooms etc etc etc.

YoYo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by YoYo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:15 pm

I think what this says is that over 80% of those voting have trained or know about the Waterford Aero Club and the rest know something about PTC. I very much doubt that all of those voting have actual experience of both organisations!!!!

Delta Romeo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Delta Romeo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:15 pm

You are probably right, not a lot of people would have experience of both clubs. But at the end of the day, it comes down to money and how much the PTC charge, which when I went to find out, was quite a lot. My experience of PTC is one that feels quite stuffy! However Brian and George at WAC are 2 gentlemen and a pleasure to deal with! If I hadnt have had my wings clipped, Id still be flying there. I cannot recomend them enough!
Action Figure Sold Seperatly

YoYo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by YoYo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:03 pm

I agree with you about WAG. All of the instructors are gentlemen and have the interest of the student at heart. But comparing the 2 organisations is like comparing apples and pears. WAG is a club with a club atmosphere. PTC is a Flight Training Organisation which implies that they think they are more professional. Your feeling of stuffiness might be their way of showing professionalism

EIWAT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by EIWAT » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:43 pm

it's not just that yoyo the athmospere at the club is so much better there is no heckling you for when your flying next just cause they need money
Regards

EI-WAT

YoYo
Verified User
Verified User

Post by YoYo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:54 am

Yes - they might need the money but they also probably want you to 'get on' with your flying. Any delay and you go backwards.