Wings Ireland Magazine
  • Taj
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Taj » Fri May 21, 2004 12:47 pm

Hello folks,

The magazine is ready but due to a snag with the printing company it wont be available untill next week. Contact me aidan at editor@wingsireland.com and I will arrange something for you.

Thanks

Taj
  • Taj
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Taj » Tue May 25, 2004 5:47 pm

Its in Easons/Porters etc on Thursday guys

Taj
  • hugoj_air
    Verified User
    Verified User

Wings Ireland

by hugoj_air » Tue May 25, 2004 10:23 pm

Hi Taj,

can I assume that subscribers copies are in the post :?:

Hugo.
  • mikekilo
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by mikekilo » Thu May 27, 2004 2:07 pm

...picked up my copy in Eason's (Nassau St) today... first impressions are excellent so far! ...well done.
  • Taj
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Monday

by Taj » Sat May 29, 2004 5:22 pm

Hugo,

If you have not recieved it on Monday please let me know and I will resend it.
    You are down for 18 months because you missed the special offer price.

Many Thanks

Taj
  • Flyer1
    Verified User
    Verified User

by Flyer1 » Sat May 29, 2004 11:04 pm

Finally got the magazine today. I,m impressed with what i have seen . Well done.
  • Taj
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

Cheers!

by Taj » Mon May 31, 2004 7:01 pm

Thanks Flyer and belated thanks Mikekilo
    Its a start anyway. Hope to keep imroving it month to month so if anyone has any suggestions Im listening.

Taj
  • A330
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by A330 » Mon May 31, 2004 9:58 pm

Well done :D
    I am very impressed. Will there be a feedback page? Cause I'm sure there are other people out there like myself who would have snapped up some interesting photos from around the country airports/airfileds.

Best of Luck
    A330
  • Taj
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Taj » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:04 pm

Thanks A330!

There is going to be a feedback section, letters to the editor, readers photos etc. Just e-mail myself at editor@wingsireland.com with any details/info.
    Rgds & Thanks

Tadhg
  • murdock
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by murdock » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:21 pm

Not impressed!

I wasnt even able to buy the magazine. After reading about it two weeks ago, and hoping to get a copy, it has proven to be pretty much impossible.
    I went to Easons in Liffey Valley on Sunday. Thay said it hadn't come in yet. Went to Easons in Blanchardstown on Monday, they said it hadn't come in yet. Went to Easons on O'Connell Street and Nassau street today(Wed) and it was sold out. Went back to Easons in Blanchardstown and they had none left. I discovered that in all the Easons I went to they had only recieved 10 copies of the magazine.

Since there are only 20 Easons in the whole of the Republic of Ireland, it makes it kinda tricky to get a copy when only 10 are ordered in each shop. I know people will say , "why dont you subscribe?". But I dont live permanently in Ireland and would like the chance to buy a copy when I am over here. As it has been long awaited for an aviation magazine to exist in Ireland.
  • Taj
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Taj » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:18 pm

Murdoch,

Check your PM.

Easons recieved two batches of the magazine and have sold out on both occasions, in less than a week in total.Batch 1 arrived Thursday and was gone by Friday. Batch 2 was in the shops Monday evening and is gone by today. The smaller stores like Blanchardstown/Dun Laghaire recieved ten, twice, while O' Connell St, Cork,Galway and Limerick stocked larger numbers.I gave them the exact number they looked for on both occasions and unfortunately they underestimated the demand. Having spoken to the person I deal with in the company, there will be a significantly larger batch delivered next time.

Also, the magazine was distrbuted to a number of other newsagent chains and individual stores which I will have on the web site prior to the next publication, circa June 16th. This, along with a significant number of subscriptions accounts for the rest of the print run and also, I have enlisted a second distribution company who will also distribute similiar numbers.

As you can imagine, no distribution company, Easons or other, can predict the demand for a new publication and orders are alloted similiar numbers to the established international aviation publications, which for themselves is in itself a gamble. I am very proud that Wings Ireland has outsold all of them within one week of hitting the market.

Tadhg
  • murdock
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by murdock » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:23 pm

Just wish to thank Taj for his effrorts and help, and I look forward to reading the magazine in the future.
    Good luck and good fortune to all your efforts.
  • Hack
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Hack » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:46 pm

Got the magazine here in Wexford t'other day and spent a pleasant afternoon reading it.
    Well done Taj, a top notch production and I'll be a regular reader.

Good to see an Irish aviation publication at last, and one that is sure to have impressed anyone who picked it up and flipped through... I'm sure that's one of the main reasons it sold out so quickly!

Congrats on the birth of your baby and here's to its long and healthy life! :D
  • RV BLUE
    Verified User
    Verified User

by RV BLUE » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:08 pm

Congratulations. While I have not seen the mag yet, I'm sure it will be nice for us "expats" to buy one copy when we get home for a few days.
    Happy landings.
  • Frosty
    Unverified User
    Unverified User

by Frosty » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:46 pm

Was the new edition (issue2) available as of yesterday the 16th of June. Is it still only Porters and Easons they are available from?
    Well done again for issue 1!
    Regards,
    Aidan