RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:15 pm

hugoj_air wrote: I mean,
talk about the minnow standing up against the whale/shark,
take your pick.

Hugo.

Just a little story I read in an Aviation buissness mag about a GV that arrived into Dublin International. They took on a load of fuel, and told the ground crew to top off the oxygen tanks. Well the ground crew told the Captain "a sure we dont do that unless you take the tanks out." This is the kind of service that was to be had at Dublin. Mr Mansfield knew there was a neice there to be filled. To wash a GV....$3,800...yea its all about
money...as for the minnow.....well should I say more

shrtfld
Verified User
Verified User

Post by shrtfld » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:33 pm

Hi all

May I throw another thought into the fire. If Weston authorities made it known that I was in their bad books for alleged poor airmanship (basically this is what they are acting as judge and jury on), I would be very p....d off. I think I would be looking for them to prove their allegation or pay the price for defamation - starting with a very public apology and perhaps redress in the courts.

Methinks someone has lost the plot and is in urgent need of some legal advice on the appropriateness of such sanctions. As some of the contributors have said - it is their airport. However if they go to the trouble of granting someone permission to use the airfield and then charge them for the privilage, it seems to me rather disengenious on their part to santion their paying guests. Basically they are trying to bite the hand that feeds them - for now anyway.

Sad.
Shrtfld

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:04 am

flying high wrote:don?t know how long you have been flying out of weston but if you were told that you had breached the procedures and it was 50/50 and with no hard corroboration and they told you that you could no longer fly in or out of there would you like it the law is the law regardless who you are

1. I dont fly out of Weston
2. I dont fly.

But even I, with my lack of flying experience, can see a business
opportunity when I see one. Mr Mansfield is not, as far as I can tell,
an aviation person, but he is a businessman and a very healthy
balance sheet is his prime objective. If that mean's annoying some
people, so what. As you point out what he is attempting to do
is highly dodgy, but that never stopped him in the past.
I also agree with Shrtfld.
Basically they are trying to bite the hand that feeds them -
for now anyway.

But again, it would seem they just don't care.

Hugo.

NoSiG
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by NoSiG » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 am

correct me if i'm wrong, i think i saw 3 nickets on the board in nfc and 2 were adressed to 1 pilot. hope he never needs to comence a go around from over WP. the unfair dismissal tribunal report would be interesting!

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:27 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Bearcat on Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:46 pm

NoSiG wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, i think i saw 3 nickets on the board in nfc and 2 were adressed to 1 pilot. hope he never needs to comence a go around from over WP. the unfair dismissal tribunal report would be interesting!

I saw these tickets on the board. I didnt see anything about 3 tickets and your out. It was just: you have breached a noise abatement procedure - you are not allowed fly in or out of weston. It wasnt enforced because I flew with said guy only yesterday. I think the tickets are a load of b****x. On a related topic, If you are flying left circuits off 25 at weston then a good way to avoid leixlip housing and the r15 is to turn right immediately after take off and stay to the right of hewlett packard. Turn left around hp and onto crosswind. Doing this youll be at circuit height on the crosswind leg and find it a lot easier to avoid flying where they dont want you flying...

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:20 pm

....and if you have an engine failure after your early right turn would you be able to pick me up a few #17 Inkjet Print Cartridges for my 710C on the ways out of HP !! 8)

VNAV PTH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by VNAV PTH » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:58 pm

flying high wrote:solicitor spl with 20 + hours without prove a private body cannot enforce such it is not legal that applies to anything that you can be removed from like a job, club, group that imposes such it is his train set but weston ops are not above the law good website by the way but we will have to see what is the out come that is the law

don?t know how long you have been flying out of weston but if you were told that you had breached the procedures and it was 50/50 and with no hard corroboration and they told you that you could no longer fly in or out of there would you like it the law is the law regardless who you are

Eh??......Trying to start a competition for the longest sentence without punctuation??

The spelling/grammar/punctuation gets worse on this site everyday, but thats a completely different rant....sorry , I mean thread!!
Last edited by VNAV PTH on Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw you guys.....I`m going home.......

mrbungle
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mrbungle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:31 pm

Eh??......Trying to start a competition for the longest sentence without punctuation??

The spelling/grammer/punctuation gets worse on this site everyday, but thats a completely different rant....sorry , I mean thread!!

Not to be pedantic, but grammar is spelt wrongly.

VNAV PTH
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by VNAV PTH » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:31 pm

Yes...er...ahmm....I see you spotted the deliberate mistake......thats right!!
:oops:
Screw you guys.....I`m going home.......

flying high
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by flying high » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:46 pm

[quote="shrtfld"]Hi all

May I throw another thought into the fire. If Weston authorities made it known that I was in their bad books for alleged poor airmanship (basically this is what they are acting as judge and jury on), I would be very p....d off. I think I would be looking for them to prove their allegation or pay the price for defamation - starting with a very public apology and perhaps redress in the courts.

I don't know what will happen. He is walking on ''legal egg shells''

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:24 pm

mrbungle wrote:....and if you have an engine failure after your early right turn would you be able to pick me up a few #17 Inkjet Print Cartridges for my 710C on the ways out of HP !! 8)

No but Ill play the back nine in lucan golf course for ya...

This manoevure was shown to me by a class1 instr. @eiwt today....

hibby
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hibby » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:36 pm

ceatach wrote:On a related topic, If you are flying left circuits off 25 at weston then a good way to avoid leixlip housing and the r15 is to turn right immediately after take off and stay to the right of hewlett packard. Turn left around hp and onto crosswind. Doing this youll be at circuit height on the crosswind leg and find it a lot easier to avoid flying where they dont want you flying...

It's not just "a good way". An early right turn such as you've described is required noise abatement procedure when flying left circuits off 25. The only difference in what you've said is that you're aiming to pass right of HP factory buildings, whereas it is standard to pass left of HP.

As for the comment about engine failure after take-off from 25, I'm afraid there are really no good options. But you don't have to fly into the factory building - you shouldn't be flying over it in the first place. ceatach, are you seriously saying you could turn 180 degrees and land in Lucan golf course if you had an engine failure on climb-out at 300 feet?

ceatach
Verified User
Verified User

Post by ceatach » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:51 pm

argh..hell no. engine failure after takeoff = land on whatevers below ya - maybe 30 degree turn. I got my bearings wrong it seems - I thought there was a golf course just beyond and to the right of the hp complex - theres defo some fields to put down on anyway...

I was aware of the early right turn for noise abatement, nothing I said implied I wasnt.

take it easy...

Tolka
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Tolka » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:35 pm

I thought that under the Rules of the Air all turns had to be made in the circuit direction - i.e. all left turns in a left hand circuit. How then can a right hand turn be lagally made after take-off in a left hand circuit.

Tolka