This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Noise tickets EIWT.

Post by Bearcat » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:29 am

:lol:
Last edited by Bearcat on Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:17 am

Wow, how do they measure this? Do they have noise monitoring equipment on the ground, or do they just decide visually. When did this start. Is there a monetary aspect of the tickets?
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

mikekilo
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mikekilo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:40 pm

This has got to be a joke? Weston must be the only GA airfield in Europe to have such a system...

Without radar trace or noise monitoring equipment (which they don't have), infringement of noise abatement proceedures becomes very subjective in my opinion.

Agreed... another nail in the coffin for GA in Leinster.

Charlie Hotel Mike
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Charlie Hotel Mike » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:54 pm

Completely agree with all of the above, I cant see how this system can work if there is no evidence other than visual contact and also it can be hard to judge where an aircrafts position is over the ground when looking at it from a distance(i.e. the tower). Also how are you meant to defend your case if there is no monitoring equipment to prove you right or wrong???

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:46 pm

I would always try to co-operate with an Airfield owner who is trying to put a system in place to reduce noise and keep their neighbours happy, but this sounds like a half arsed and more importantly unscientific system. Any one got any specific info on how this works?
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:07 pm

How can Weston enforce a noise procedure when it's not listed in the AIP. Surely this is not legal? Then therefore banning you from operating from Weston would have no legal basis?

For anyone interested in seeing one of these tickets there's a few on the notice board in NFC.

Regards,
Mark
Last edited by mark on Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:03 pm

I think without a very scientific and deliberate method of issuing these tickets, it would be very easy to mount a defence against one. Any chance of a scan of one of them Mark?

— Cecil Day Lewis

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:25 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Bearcat on Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lionel Hutz
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Lionel Hutz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:40 pm

Legally the position is simple.

Weston is private property.

To use it you need Prior Permission.

the owner of the property can refuse permission for any reason or can rescind a previously given permisson for any reason.

The "Tickets" as described would appear to have no legal standing as regards the air naviagtion and transport acts or any SI issued by the IAA that I am aware of, in my opinion they are of the same legal value as a letter sent from one individual to another.

Basically you are playing with someone elses train set and if they for whatever reason don't want you to play anymore then they can tell you to go play somewhere else.

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:12 pm

Very well put Lionel and that's probably what will happen.
It's very obvious what they want, ALL small aircraft out,
giving more room for the private and business jet's to
operate in "peace". :(

Hugo.

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:28 pm

It would be interesting to hear the aiport owners opinions on this. Its all very well for me to complain about it. Does anyone know who I could e-mail to join us in this debate from the airport. Is there a press officer?

— Cecil Day Lewis

Chaos
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Chaos » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:05 pm

Legally speaking operators of Weston can't impose such a measure without proving breaches. The whole basis for how this ticketing system intends working is flawed. It places imbalanced measures upon the pilot. It is wide open to challenge as could invade rights to travel - yet again, another half baked effort from Weston !!!

Essentially Weston as the operators are subrograting to the pilots therefore mitigating threat of court order from locals to close or dramatically curtail circuit movements.

Bearcat
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Bearcat » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:00 pm

can some one scan a ticket (blocking the details of the alleged offender) and post to on the forum just to show all what the hell is going on.

Heliops
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Heliops » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:30 pm

mikekilo wrote:This has got to be a joke? Weston must be the only GA airfield in Europe to have such a system...

London City has noise monitoring Equip and you get a ticket also or your airline if thats who you work for is contacted

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:41 pm

The keyword there was GA Airfields Heliops. All the major airports have them.

— Cecil Day Lewis