This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Nathan
Unverified User
Unverified User

Shares/club Cork?

Post by Nathan »

Hi all,

I have recently moved to Cork from the UK and am looking for a club or group share in or near Cork. I hold a fATPL with over 400 hours and am looking for a single of any type really. Does anyone know of anything? I have searched fairly extensively on the Internet and nearest I can find is the flying club at Waterford.

Many thanks

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shares/club Cork?

Post by mark »

Hi Nathan,

There are no clubs in the Cork area I'm afraid. There are a few groups but I don't know if they are open to new members. One is the Lee Aero Club that operates a Europa out of Cork. Another is the Hawk Group in Rathcoole but sadly their aircraft was involved in a serious accident last weekend. I think there is another C172 group in Cork (G-EICK) but don't know any more details I'm afraid.

Waterford Aero Club is probably your best option. The Limerick Flying Club in Coonagh may also be an option depending on what part of Cork you live in.

Regards,
Mark
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

Nathan
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Nathan »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply and the helpful information. I'm about 10 minutes from Cork Airport, so looking at Google Maps, Limerick is marginally closer but I'll look into both clubs and see what they have to offer. But 1.5 hours each way is a good bit of driving!

Many thanks

john_aero
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by john_aero »

The group airplane in Ardfert Kerry is for sale as we have upgraded to a newer model.

may be within your own price range to buy and form a new group if none were available in your area.