Irish helicopters Bolkow crash in rosslare??

Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

bolkow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Irish helicopters Bolkow crash in rosslare??

Post by bolkow » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:24 am

I heard from my sister that one of Irish Helicopters two bolkows came down in Rosslare last week whilst servicing tuskar riock lighthouse. I dont know if it was EI-BLD or the Newer EI-LIT. So far all I have heard is that it came down on land, possibly the helipad in rosslare, allegedly caught by a heavy gust of wind whilst in close ground proximity. The rumour has it that the pilot is suspended pending a full investigation, but that which ever of the two bolkows it was, the aircraft is a write off? Does anybody have any more details or can corrwect any of what I have been told? I am very familiar with that particular operation.

UPDATE: Apparently a heavy landing did occur at the Bailey lighthouse in Dublin and not rosslare as first thought. The aircraft is not a write off, but reportedly the skids were bent outwards. There is a pic of it seen on a low loader with tail rotor intact, appearing to sit ok on the low loader, but minus the main rotors and main rotor head which might be for transporting purpose. I understand the heavy landing occurred in high winds from a height around 8-15 feet and the aircraft was Bolkow EI-BLD