Heli Training costs increase at EHA WESTON

Here's a section for all our rotorheads, both helis and gyros!

Moderator: mark

Dauphin_Army
Unverified User
Unverified User

Heli Training costs increase at EHA WESTON

Post by Dauphin_Army » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:09 am

I see that heli training rates are due to increase next week at EHA (Weston). Apparently there is a shortage of instructors. The new rates seperate the cost of the heli (per hour) against the cost of the instructor.

?350 per hour for the heli (Schweizer) + 2 hours (total) with instructor at ?50 per hour = ?450 per hour new rate. I beleive it is 'given' that you have an hour of the instructor in the air and a HALF HOUR with him re briefing / de briefing.

Anybody any comments on this ?

I think Eirecopter is already charging this way at present or has a pricing schedule something very similar ?

Cosmic
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Cosmic » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:24 am

Its good news for the instructors, and only right that they can earn a wage that might enable them to actually pay off the mortage they spent on getting to the level of FI. Historically (And not talking about EHA in particular) some very fine individuals had to leave for the corporate/airline world because the wage of an FI was so poor.

It's terrible news for Students when the price of flying goes up as it might push flying out of reach of prospective students.
We who fly do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet.

— Cecil Day Lewis