PPL(m) on the east coast question.

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

wicklowsteve
Unverified User
Unverified User

PPL(m) on the east coast question.

Post by wicklowsteve » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:27 am

Hi all , I know this belongs in microlight but I can't post there yet, but it's also a student question.
I am planning on starting my ppl(m) and getting flying.
I have had a few flights in various aircraft over the years and have been an aviation nut since I could walk.

I considered the ppl but the cost of the license and the following hire costs meant it's not for me yet.

What I am looking for is a venue to train, I live in Laragh co.wicklow and work in kildare, and I know some of the airfields around me ,Newcastle,Weston etc, but not what aircraft they fly.

And that's my most important aspect of the training , I want to learn in and fly a low wing enclosed 3 axis microlight.
I have had a short flight in a samba xl and loved everything about it, but it is based near mulligar which is a bit of a long haul.
So is there any similar aircraft based with training school/clubs nearby?

Any info would be great, thanks

Steve

martins
Verified User
Verified User

Re: PPL(m) on the east coast question.

Post by martins » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:55 am

take a look in here - https://www.iaa.ie/registered-training-facilities" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you want to make sure the organization is approved, as you can see, there are not many who do (M). I'm doing PPL(A) in Newcastle, Wicklow, they also do PPL(M), they have a beautyful Roko Aero there, I think that's what they're using for training, anyway, give them a ring, I would recommend them

wicklowsteve
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by wicklowsteve » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Martin

That looks perfect and it's so close to me.
Right I calling them now.

Thanks for that

Steve

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mark » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 am

Hi Wicklowsteve,

Looks like Newcastle is your best option as martins has said. I've heard the Roko Aero is a great machine (haven't flown it yet) and the instructor there Jack Ledwith is great. He did my microlight conversion training back in 2005 and has lots of experience both with maintenance and flying.

Regards,
Mark
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

wicklowsteve
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by wicklowsteve » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Thanks mark , yeah it's exactly the type I was looking for, I have called them so I'm looking forward to getting
Down there and having a loook .