when should i do my medical

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots and instructors to answer

Moderator: mark

cillian96
Unverified User
Unverified User

when should i do my medical

Post by cillian96 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:23 pm

hi im starting my training after my leaving cert in 2 years, should i do a medical class 1 now or wait?

Rev
Verified User
Verified User

Re: when should i do my medical

Post by Rev » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 pm

First things first though... study hard and get a good leaving certificate before thinking too much about becoming a pilot ...

That aside, if there's something concerning you the there's no harm in doing a medical at any time before you start your pilot training. That way if they do spot anything, you have time to reconsider your options. i.e. getting required points for college or alternate career path.

Good luck with it...

list of AME's in Ireland, just call the one nearest you to discuss... https://www.iaa.ie/ames

Johnnolan
Verified User
Verified User

Re: when should i do my medical

Post by Johnnolan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:44 pm

If you are planning on doing a full commercial pilot license with a view to becoming a professional pilot you will need to complete a class 1 initial medical beforehand which must be carried out at an Aeromedical Centre.
There are two in Ireland. Charter Aeromedical Centre, in Smithfield, Dublin, and the Mater.
I am involved in Charter Aeromedical centre and we would be delighted to look after any medical needs you have. We will not be beaten on service or price.
I do agree with the last post that suggested you focus on Leaving Cert first.