AME RECOMMENDATIONS

This is a forum where student pilots can post their questions for more experienced pilots to answer

Moderator: mark

johnc24105
Verified User
Verified User

AME RECOMMENDATIONS

Post by johnc24105 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi all,

I am based in Swords and need to renew my class 1.
If anyone has any recommendations on who to see I would appreciate any recommendations based on experiences.

I have already reviewed the IAA website for AME’a.

Long story short. I got a CAA class one back in 2013 just to ensure fitness at the time. I am now fortunate to be able to commence my training and therefore need to renew.

I am just hoping to get recommendations from anyone.

By the way does anyone know if the R/T exam is still in place. I heard it was no longer required. Anyone know?

mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AME RECOMMENDATIONS

Post by mark » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 am

Hi John,

I can't recommend any AME's but regarding the R/T exam, this was only ever a requirement for a UK licence and it's still in place. There was never an R/T for any other states. Most countries will make an assessment of R/T capability during a flight test, and not as a standalone exam like the UK do.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark
Regards,
Mark Dwyer
www.flyinginireland.com

------------------------------------------------
FlyingInIreland.com:- THE Resource for Irish Aviation Information

johnc24105
Verified User
Verified User

Post by johnc24105 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Great, many thanks for your reply Mark.

DeltaAlphaNovember
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by DeltaAlphaNovember » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi John,
Regarding the class 1 medical, I have only just booked my own initial class 1 for the coming weeks with mater private in Dublin.They came highly recommended from my own flight school in Cork and were very helpful in providing all the information I needed.I am a private pilot currently which brings me on to the next part of your query...when you say R/T exam...and I am open to correction but for my ppl I had to undertake a test known as an ELP{English language proficiency), graded on a level of 1-6 with a certain minimum having to be met in order to solo and I’m pretty sure obtain the license.Nothing major but just another hurdle...hope that helps.
Regards
Dan