Ryanair??+cityjet

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

papatango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Ryanair??+cityjet

Post by papatango » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi all was just wondering if anyone could tell how your base is selected with ryanair throught a brookfield contract is it true you are only assigned a base every six weeks and this is constantly changing??? aswell there are some rumours around that because of excess of ryanair pilots those who are on brookfield contracts are only flying about 30 hours a month???and are all new ryanair pilots only brookfield contracts????

One other query does anyone know whether cityjet are hiring at the moment and is it true that they are extremely hard to get into and only select the creme of the crop?????

shamrock/heavy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by shamrock/heavy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi papatango, although they ask you where you would like to be based during the FR interview, the base you get may or may not be different. Once base cx is complete they phone you with the option of a few bases for line training, but I have heard of some people not been given a choice at all. These options are to do with training capacity eg Dublin, Stansted, Hahn, Girona etc however the smaller bases do come up also. Once Line training is finished and you move up in the pay scale they may change your base at this stage but there is always a few to choose from. Changing every six weeks i'm not sure about, never heard of this happening to anyone however if you were based a Valencia then for obvious reasons your going to be changed but i would imagine you would have a choice as to where that would be. The next time you could expect to be changed is if you go for the command upgrade, this will almost certainly result in a change of base. Hours bout 70 a month, standby 1 out of the 5 days is typical, i have friends in BA also and they're rostered to fly 27 hours in Nov.

papatango
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by papatango » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:38 pm

thansk for the reply shamrock do you know if itd true that if you request a base like stansdead where i hope to be based that it is more unlikely to be moved as it is such a large base,,plus do most people who apply for the likes of stansdead get it?????why and why are you allmost definitly changed when you go for command.
And im your opinion to the guys with brookfield contracts really get messes around ag told one morning ur not needed for the next month with no pay??
Thanks for your help!!! :D

shamrock/heavy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by shamrock/heavy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi, by Stansdead you mean Stansted i think. Was never based there myself, also o lot of people are of the opinion that the bigger bases are not the nicest to work from, smaller bases with 6-8 aircraft have a much nicer atmosphere, and for that and other reasons not many peope want to fly from Stansted. For line training and after line training if you are given a choice of base almost alway STN features so you may be in luck, but it can be like the lottery sometimes. As for Brookfield contracts, no fly, no pay, but the pay is quite good, also you only work 11 calender months of the year. As for getting messed around not really rosters are looking fairly healthy at the moment and the pay arrives exactly when it should, happy days :D

On another note, and I don't mean to come across as rude but if you intend to send cv's and stuff out to many airlines in the future you may need to brush up on spelling and punctuation and the likes. This will give your application a better chance of reaching the next stage, and in turn yourself a better chance of getting the job.

Dogbiscuit
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dogbiscuit » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Shamrock/Heavy, suggest you check your own spelling before commenting :)

dara
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by dara » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Shamrock/Heavy already has a job :wink:

I didnt get a choice for line training as it is really decided by which training captains have hours left and where they're based.

As for getting messed about, not really. You do everything yourself like never ending paper work to get up and running and trying to run the gauntlet of getting a airside pass these days :!:
If you are asking me if this old plane is safe to fly, how do you think it got to be this old?

shamrock/heavy
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by shamrock/heavy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Happy New Year all!!

Dogbiscuit, I think you may have missed the point of my comment. It was not intended to be an insult, just some constructive advice. As for my spelling, ya it has gone down hill ever since I gave up writing novels for reading heat magazine in the cruise :wink:

mr crow
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mr crow » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Last edited by mr crow on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

hugoj_air
Verified User
Verified User

Post by hugoj_air » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:44 pm

mr Crow,

I'm absolutely SHOCKED!!!!!! as Cambridge and yourself got it right.
I was able to read and understand all of your post first run through
and I would be one of those people who hate to see spelling and
grammar errors. Taught me a lesson as I'll never again complain
about the above. Ofcourse any bad spelling/grammar posts will have
to be written up following the same format as yours, otherwise........

Hugo.

ADDICT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ADDICT » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:57 am

every ryanair thread online goes off topic...nice to see this one got funny and not into a slaggin match with anti ryanair heads!!! :D :D :lol:

I see they have started recruiting again?!that set to last?

Sweeney
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Sweeney » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:34 pm

They never stopped.
"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"