Aer Lingus 350 Buy

Disscusion on plane spotting, visitors, airlines, routes, airports, equipment etc.

Moderator: mark

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Aer Lingus 350 Buy

Post by RV BLUE » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:19 pm

Order placed for new longhaul aircraft announced today.....
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... -300s.html

mini
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by mini » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:31 am

The current 330 fleet is ragged, I think this is more fleet renewel than fleet enlargement - albeit years too late. Compare current EI atlantic product vs the competition. Hard to see EI maintaining revenue in the interim.

350 may be all its promised, but its too early to tell.

All bought cheaply IMHO...

Akerosid
Unverified User
Unverified User

EI A350s and long haul

Post by Akerosid » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:11 am

Just saw today that neither PW nor GE will be offering engines for the A350, so it looks likely that the A350 will become the first new EI type powered by RR engines since the One Elevens in 1965 (indeed, nearly 50 yrs previously, by the time the 350 is delivered).

As for EI, I would agree that they've taken far too long to update their long haul product, BUT they're doing it now - better late than never - and by all accounts, the new product is very good, so credit where credit is due. They certainly needed to. I guess the big concern now will be an inconsistency across the fleet, as some acft (the older 330s, which will be with us until 2009) will have the older, bog-std, non-PTV layout and other, newer ones like DUO/DUZ will have the newer layout.