Air Corps Cadetship 2008???

Anything to do with the Air Corps...

Moderator: mark

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Air Corps Cadetship 2008???

Post by GJOYT » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:54 am

Does anyone have any inside info as to whether or not the Air Corps will be recruiting or not for 2008?

Nanolight
Verified User
Verified User

Post by Nanolight » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:22 pm

I'd be surprised if anyone has 'inside info'.. and if they do have it, i'd be surprised if they posted it here.

Why don't you ring the competitions section? Their number is on the army website www.military.ie the lads there are always happy to help and fill you in. You'll know in january anyway, that's when they start to recruit for cadets.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:21 pm

I was just wondering, do the interviews and tests go on during the summer for the cadetship or are they all done before june?
can anyone help me out?

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:58 am

I gave them a call in August and was told they would be running it for 2008, not exactly inside info..! there was mention of the entry requirements changing slightly but I'd imagine this has a lot to do with foreign nationals, there seems to be a push to diversify the defence forces.
They always allow for LC students so they don't usually do any testing during May (maybe the very start) or June, most testing is done in March, April and July.
If your not a LC student they'll do final interviews etc. in June.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:23 am

oh alright thanks for the info! so they make exeptions?

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:47 am

No worries, yeah there's a lot of fellas applying straight from the leaving so they need to. Imagine applied maths paper 2 followed by a final interview!!

I wouldn't take anything on this forum as gospel, just as advice, there's a chance things have changed. If your in doubt give the competitions section a shout or even Baldonnell, really helpful fellas, shouldn't be a huge problem getting tour of the place either, it'll also help on the interview if you did.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:43 pm

GoGoGadgetGoAround wrote:No worries, yeah there's a lot of fellas applying straight from the leaving so they need to. Imagine applied maths paper 2 followed by a final interview!!

I wouldn't take anything on this forum as gospel, just as advice, there's a chance things have changed. If your in doubt give the competitions section a shout or even Baldonnell, really helpful fellas, shouldn't be a huge problem getting tour of the place either, it'll also help on the interview if you did.

ok its just my mates wana go on a holiday nearly straight after the leaving cert so im just wondering will they interfear!? Also I got work experience in balldonnel during 4th year so i hope that will look good! Also I know some one who used to be a technician there and he can bring me on a tour if I want! Should I?

GJOYT
Verified User
Verified User

Post by GJOYT » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:12 pm

I just rang the air corps today to inquire about recruiting for 2008 and I was told that they will not be recruiting until 2009 because they want to change around the whole syllabus...... :x

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:57 pm

Anyone know the last time they didn't take on cadets? Must of been around 10 years ago

hupla
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by hupla » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:24 pm

ah balls! ah well more preperation ;)