Aer Lingus Cadetship - Applications Open

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

RYR144
Unverified User
Unverified User

Aer Lingus Cadetship - Applications Open

Post by RYR144 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 am

If interested (Part Sponsored): http://www.aerlingus.com/pilot/#d.en.9823" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

femalepw1
Unverified User
Unverified User

Re: Aer Lingus Cadetship - Applications Open

Post by femalepw1 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has applied online for the Air Lingus Cadetship yet?, I am thinking of applying but see that you need to complete an online assessment.... I just wanted to find out if the assessment comes straight after you fill out the online application form or does it come at a later date with a link to your email account?

Just want to be in the right frame of mind for an assessment before i commit to filling out an application, I don't want the challenge of an assessment after i arrive home after a hard days work!!

If anyone has competed this process yet could they PM me some details as to what the assessment entailed,

Many Thanks in advance :D ,

femalepw1

JFH
Unverified User
Unverified User

m

Post by JFH » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:48 am

m
Last edited by JFH on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ADDICT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ADDICT » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Feel a little put out by this!!!

100s of Irish in Ryanair scattered around Europe and then even more futher afield, bloody good guys and good pilots with more then their fair share of hours on multi-engine jets 737s and sometimes bigger, many plenty young enough to manange a type rating and would happily take a pay cut to get closer to green grass as opposed to the sand pit!! :( :(

Surely more experience and cheaper makes more sense? Really would like to here the view point of the decision maker here!

Maybe I should pretend I have zero hours :idea: :?

RV BLUE
Verified User
Verified User

Post by RV BLUE » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:20 am

ADDICT wrote:Feel a little put out by this!!!
Well it is Aer Fungus......sometimes things never change.....I'd rather walk then give them ay of my money........!!

ADDICT
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by ADDICT » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 am

Too many pilots in europe jobless at the moment,flight schools should be closed for a year or two rather then encourage more people to part with 100k.

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:35 am

A few thoughts on this, possibly a money maker for AL either in the short term or the long term in that they can more easily bypass the unions by re negotiating contracts for the cadets. They got rid of a lot of guys not so long ago on good contracts. They say it's part sponsored so be interesting to see what the deal is there and the difference in contracts.

On the other hand they may just want fresh guys so they can mould them and monitor their progress throughout, sometimes too much experience can be a bad thing in recruitment!

Either way it's a good thing for lads starting out that otherwise may not have had a way to break into the industry.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

Post by stovepipe » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Already degenerating into bullshit and nonsense. A local airline is offering cadetships and apprenticeships in a recession and the best thing you can think of, is to knock it?! Get real. The company is thinking about the future instead of failing to provide for it.
regards
Stovepipe

fugly
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by fugly » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:56 pm

stovepipe wrote:Already degenerating into bullshit and nonsense. A local airline is offering cadetships and apprenticeships in a recession and the best thing you can think of, is to knock it?! Get real. The company is thinking about the future instead of failing to provide for it.
regards
Stovepipe
People have the right to be cautious!

During the Celtic Tiger a local "IRISH" airline was offering cadetships and apprenticeships, these poor guys paid €100,000 for a private licence and other chaps didnt even get there part 66 isued and most where let go. It was a nice little earner for the share-holders of the boards.

I think GoGoGadgetGoAround was just adding some critical thinking to the situation. No harm in that. Best to be wise!

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:54 am

stovepipe wrote:Already degenerating into bullshit and nonsense. A local airline is offering cadetships and apprenticeships in a recession and the best thing you can think of, is to knock it?! Get real. The company is thinking about the future instead of failing to provide for it.
regards
Stovepipe
Well said Fugly.

Stovepipe/Christoph Mueller keep your knickers on!!!! Unreal the amount of posts such as yours that 'degenerate' threads into petty, pointless disputes.

I've said it before and I'll will say it again, this is a forum, everything is up for fair discussion and debate.

I, and I believe the other posters have made pretty fair comments, you should read my post again as I don't believe there was any negativity in my post when I finished with... 'Either way it's a good thing for lads starting out that otherwise may not have had a way to break into the industry.'

I don't know about you but it pays to think of all the angles when handing over €100,000 or part thereof especially in these, as you nicely put it, recessionary times.

I've met a few lads that were on the City Jet cadetship who were left big time out of pocket with not much to show for it. But with the right set up the cadetship will work out well for both the airline and potential cadets. Again, I can't stress enough that you must check all the angles and ask the right questions before parting with that sort of cash. If you don't agree with that you've money to burn!!!

So before you continue lambasting fair and critical posts it would be wise to ask questions and think before handing over your (or Daddy's) hard earned cash.
Engine Failure: A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air

stovepipe
Verified User
Verified User

Post by stovepipe » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 am

Hi there
From what I've heard so far, from some of our pilots, the part sponsorship will not require an initial cash-up-front type of thing, but will probably involve a reducing bond, ie, the basic flight training will be paid for by EI and the putative cadet will then either have to produce a letter of intent from a bank for the cost of the Type or will sign a bond.Rumour control also alleges that some cadets may start in Aer Arran on the ATRs.
In the past, EI has favoured the Oxford/Jerez types( former cadets like to pick cadets.It's what they're used to) but has a long history of taking on self-improvers(former self-improvers like to pick self-improvers.it's what they're used to). As for the apprenticeships, there is a critical need for new engineering blood as the age profile of the engineering staff is predominantly 40s/50s and retirements will start to have a serious effect on numbers soon enough. We have also taken on some ex-SRT 3rd year apprentices, to allow them to finish their training, so we can at least ensure decent manpower continuity.This has Herr Mueller's direct and personal interest, which is very unusual for an EI Boss.
If you think EI will make money out of cadet or apprentice training, you couldn't be more wrong.Training either profession costs a shedload of money but simply has to be done.
regards
Stovepipe

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Hey everyone, has anyone completed the online assessment and have they heard their results?

GoGoGadgetGoAround
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by GoGoGadgetGoAround » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:21 am

Completed the assessments but no word back yet.

libertyxl2flyer
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by libertyxl2flyer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:39 pm

just looking on boards.ie and it seems the good news emails went out on friday, anybody here get any news yet i haven't ? :?:
n550xl make left traffic report midfield downwind cleard for takeoff runway 08

tom in weston
Verified User
Verified User

Post by tom in weston » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Has anyone got the nod for the interview yet.....or do the successful ones not frequent this forum.....if so, they should never have been given an interview :P