Stone throwing

This is a forum for discussing General Aviation in Ireland

Moderator: mark

Joey D
Unverified User
Unverified User

Stone throwing

Post by Joey D » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:14 pm

I was driving home from Carnmore airport today along the 'Tom Hogan' dual carriageway. A chopper was taking off from the ballybrit (race course) area beside the road, and flew low over the dual carriageway. To my horror two guys on the hard shoulder started throwing stones at it as it flew overhead.

The chopper was pretty low as it had just taken off and was just out of reach of the two guys. But still, the intention was there to try and hit it. Its only when you see something like that, that you actually believe someone would do it.

The two guys then hopped over the wall and ran off.

Crazy stuff.

banjaxed
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by banjaxed » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:37 am

What age were they? I despise wasters like this :roll: ..methinks they need a good hiding.

Joey D
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Joey D » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:30 am

About the 14-17 bracket

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:38 pm

Agree with banjaxed,just what the doctor ordered,its a pity the gardai cant(cough) give hidings in public,this is a dangerous incident especially with a helicoptor!!
115 VAC @400Hz

Vmax
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Vmax » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:20 pm

It's not unusual for people standing on beaches to throw stones at coast guard heli's, while flying low searching for missing people along our beaches.

Rallye EIBFP
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Rallye EIBFP » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:57 pm

Were they the 'Hoody and Tracksuit' youngfella?........some people in this world just need to get a life! Honestly.......whats the fun in destroying a chopper and killing the occupants?

Heliops
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Heliops » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:24 pm

Vmax wrote:It's not unusual for people standing on beaches to throw stones at coast guard heli's, while flying low searching for missing people along our beaches.

Its not just Ireland that has that problem but i have never seen that happen in fact i have seen the opposite people actually look up in admiration at those brave brave people!

banjaxed
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by banjaxed » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:34 am

I'd say anything to do with heli search and rescue must be one of the most rewarding jobs out there and to think some little toerags would throw stones like that at any heli makes me wonder what went wrong with them somewhere along the line.

Off topic here but scangers (sp?) also have a nasty habit of throwing rocks (not stones) from bridges onto dual carraigeways/motorways - have seen this for myself on the M50 and wouldn't mind throwing something else over the bridge (hint hint)*. Also once saw the guards giving someone a well deserved 'roughing up' but that's for another day.

*banjaxed does not condone or recommend violence of any sort 8)

Dutch Roll
Unverified User
Unverified User

Post by Dutch Roll » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 am

I like the small writing banjaxed,very similar to a 'terms and conditions apply' type message!!
was there an incident of residents at weston a while back throwing stones too??
115 VAC @400Hz